Sunday 26 July 2015

So Much More Than Just A Silent March

Each walk that will happen around the world will leave a deafening silence with the echo of footsteps. I declare that each footstep will walk straight into the hearts of those yet ignorant, and move them to want to do something about the plight of human trafficking victims. I trust that every person reached will in turn reach out to others. I pray that the funds raised will have an effect that will ripple out and grow, and grow, until it engulfs the whole planet.

Just as with our walk in Plett, I know that our silent statement will stir our neighbours to take their first steps to end human trafficking in our lifetime. When I approached our Mayor and his office to get their public support for this walk, I was so encouraged by every single person's willingness to help in any way possible. I have not only received their assurance of support at the Walk, but we are working together to host the actual event. And if that wasn't enough, together with individuals from other departments in our area, a whole awareness campaign is being planned. These individuals form part of committees or fill positions that are outside of their job description. Beyond law enforcement, social development, youth development, Forums and Mayoral offices. They work with all shape and forms of vulnerable; such as domestic abuse, woman in need, children and youth at risk and more. They do this because their hearts were stirred to help in any way they possibly can.

When working with victims, even if it's just the statistics of what is happening today, it is easy to lose faith in humanity. I am in awe and so grateful for knowing and being able to work with people whose hearts are so big. It encourages me to believe that the more people we reach, the more people will join the cause. 

I have another big week coming up meeting more representatives of other town's and government departments and planning. I go with assurance that God has prepared the way, because it is His will that the captives are set free. He loves every single person on this planet and I pray that through all this work we do, we all are all filled with that same love for each other. This is my motivation and though we all differ in many ways, this one thing is all that will bind us: Love.

If you have yet to join a walk on 17 October in your city, register on the A21 website here. If there isn't a walk near you, host one :) 

If you cannot make the walk but wish to contribute, please donate here
 

No comments:

Post a Comment