Monday 20 July 2015

Expectations Versus Reality

I have been training about half as much as I'd like to this last month and I have thought about this a lot. I really wonder if my expectations need to be addressed here. It is great to give it your best, but what if your best isn't what you imagine it should be?

For the sake of argument, though I wish to train daily for a minimum of 30 minutes, perhaps every other day is not an unreasonable compromise. I only fear I run the risk of becoming demoralised if I continue to fail to meet my own (admittedly rigid and high) expectations.

Hmmm. So while I decide on this conundrum there is one other issue I need to address. In previous years I didn't do any strength training, so when I started this programme I have added it. Only now it seems to have replaced cardio. I really need to balance it out a bit more, regardless of the number of training sessions a week. So from here on out, I alternate my training sessions between cardio and strength.

I also am not getting much Krav Maga done as yet, perhaps when I add that and the dancing I will be back up to training more days than not. Food for thought. Nonetheless, onward and upward. If I am moving along at a snail's pace, it's better than not moving at all.

So I found this funny picture which accurately depicts how I'm feeling at the moment and I just had to share it..

No comments:

Post a Comment