Saturday 8 August 2015

And You Give Me Courage

So it's no secret I am a complete Geek. And last night I was watching The Hobbit with one of the volunteers who will be assisting me with the walk, (because she had never seen it before?!). Anyway, so this one particular scene played and I just about fist-pumped while jumping to my feet. The scene plays out like this:

The Lady Galadriel asks Gandalf: "Mithrandir, why the Halfling?"
And Gandalf answers:


And he ends off saying: "Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps it is because I am afraid and he gives me courage."

This was exactly how I have been feeling this week. While talking to people about the Walk For Freedom and about Human Trafficking Awareness in general, I often felt people feel overwhelmed by the enormity of the problem. I feel the need to constantly reassure them and myself that the truth of the matter is exactly as Gandalf so succinctly put it.

I also want each and every one of you to know, that when I feel overwhelmed, I look at you. Ordinary folk, each keeping the darkness at bay with small every day deeds. And you give me courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment